Friday, November 9, 2012

High Five for Friday

High Five for Friday! (Disclaimer: I am high fiving from the last two weeks. :)

#1: First and foremost I am high fiving the fact that although the week started with the flu, it didn't last too long AND I feel great now. Plus, my hubby was seriously my hero while I was sick and got our little pumpkin ready for church all by himself, took her to church all by himself, taught my Sunday School lesson for me extremely last minute and then cooked dinner for his family (which I had committed to do) and took it over to his brother's house. He won major brownie points and really made it easy for me to relax and get the rest I needed so I could get well. A.Mazing.

#2: Pumpkins! Christmas is truly my favorite holiday, but Halloween is a close second and I love carving pumpkins. I try to be creative and do fun characters or go with a great theme. So in honor, I am posting some of my favorites I have created throughout the years in my Halloween recap (look forward to Monday's post).

#3: Trick-or-Treating was awesome. My little girl is 20 months and you just never know how these things will be recieved by little ones. She loved trick-or-treating! It was so fun to take her around and see the excitement on her face. She even got in some, 'trick-or-treats' (we practiced for weeks) and some, 'thank-yous' (at appropriate times even). The weather was perfect, and that is saying something for the Rocky Mountains this time of year. We took our wagon (best. idea. ever.) and since her bucket got heavy and she got tired towards the end, the wagon was the perfect catch-all when we needed it.

#4: Home Sweet Home is coming together and that feels amazing. We are building a new home and recently had our design appointment (SO stressful)! The day of I couldn't sleep and I barely ate because I was so anxious and excited to pick out all of our design elements for our home. But now that is complete and we have agreed on our must-haves, it feels really great and very exciting to be able to look forward to the progress and anticipation of seeing our ideas come together.

#5: Cookies make any day better. Especially my homemade sugar cookies. These are the best sugar cookies. Nice and fluffy but not too soft and crumbly either. I get requests all the time to make my sugar cookies, they have become semi-famous, so I am going to share this amazing recipe with you. You can thank me later, when you have devoured the whole batch of sugar cookies in one sitting. :) 

IMG_20121015_214523.jpg

Lizzy's Famous Sugar Cookie Recipe 

1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon milk
3 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups flour

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and milk. Then add baking powder and flour. Chill dough for at least 10 minutes. Roll dough on lightly floured surface about 1/4" thick. Cut out. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Comment!!! For me!?! Aww how sweet!