Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Recipes!

Thanksgiving is coming, YAY! It is the one day a year I am happy to wear my fat pants! Loud and Proud baby! So here is my Menu...I am so excited to make dinner this year since I have been learning how to make more things myself (i.e Bread) I am glad to have a reason to practice. Plus I am also pretty excited to be able to use my new double ovens for something.

Turkey- I am pretty traditional when it comes to turkey and I do not get fancy. My reasoning, "Why mess with a classic?" I just pat my turkey with generic seasoning salt and put it in a turkey bag that has been shook with flour in it. SIMPLE! However I do go big on the portions I love leftover Thanksgiving dinner so I am making a turkey that is 23 lbs.

Mashed Potatoes- I love REAL mashed potatoes! Also simple and for the same reason. Boiled potatoes with heavy whipping cream, butter, and salt SIMPLE!!

Stuffing- I am not yet so ambitious that I make stuffing from scratch. I do love the Pep. Farms cubed stuffing so I buy 2 bags of that and add the fresh cut celery and onion and chicken broth. However instead of putting this in a casserole dish in the oven, I have other stuff that needs oven time, I put this in the crock pot and let it sit on low for an hour or so. SIMPLE!! (Are you getting a theme here?)

Green Bean Casserole- I make the green bean casserole from the recipe on the Frenchs Fried Onion box, the only thing I change is instead of using cream of mushroom soup I use cream of chicken. The only reason I do this is because my husband does not like mushrooms. SIMPLE!!

Corn- On the stove, SIMPLE!!!

Gravy- From the packet using the turkey drippings. SIMPLE!!

Monkey Bread- Okay I am not talking about what the majority of people call Monkey Bread. I do not put cinnamon, or brown sugar or any of that stuff on it. This is just bread and butter in a bunt pan that makes awesome pull apart bread (This is in place of making regular dinner rolls). Usually I use frozen dinner rolls, thaw, let them rise, then put them in the bunt and bake it however this year since I have learned how to make bread dough from scratch I am going to make the roll dough myself and use that. I am so excited to try this. I will let you all know how it turns out! Still SIMPLE!! (I Hope.)

Pumpkin Pie- Usually we order our pies from a bakery like Perkins or something however this year I am going to try to make my pumpkin pie myself. I am going to use the Famous Libby's Pumpkin Pie from the bake of the can, yes I am using the can. I am not going to make my first pie ever straight out of a pumpkin although it is on my bucket list. So pretty SIMPLE!!

French Silk Pie- Since I am going to make the Pumpkin Pie I am not in a huge hurry to lean how to make french silk. So I am ordering this from Perkins. SIMPLE!
To drink we are going to have sparkling grape and apple juice and milk with our pie!! SIMPLE!!

So my whole menu is really SIMPLE but like I said "Why mess with a classic?" I am so excited. However the thing I am MOST excited for is probably the Decorations!!! Well I guess that will have to be another post!

I will just leave you with this question...What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving recipes??

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Comment!!! For me!?! Aww how sweet!